French Green Clay Konjac Face Sponge
The Konjac Sponge Company's Konjac sponges, when wet, will so gently
exfoliate and enliven your skin,
activate blood flow and cell renewal,
deeply cleanse (even blackheads)
refine the pores, on your face and body,
while leaving your skin rejuvenated and balanced thanks to the pH neutral quality of the Konjac root.
It can even help relieve some skin concerns and allergies.
Here is the Green Clay version, the original Konjac face sponge, blended with French Green clay, the finest of French clays.
Perfect for oily t-zone and combination skins, the Green clay Konjac sponge will naturally draw out impurities and toxins, to reveal a smoother, fresher complexion, tightening the pores, revitalizing damaged skin cells.
Softer (when wet) than traditional sea sponges, the Konjacs (to make it short) were first developed for the delicate baby skin, that's how silky soft and safe they are!
Now available for the whole family, from babies to men and women (and teenagers of course), for Face and Body, they allow you to have your very own daily mini-spa treatment, right at home! The feeling on the skin is unique. As is the feeling of the skin afterwards.
Made from an ancient root, Amorphphallus Konjac, known and used for 1 500 years in Asia, in food-grade quality to which volcanic water is added, the Konjacs from the Konjac Sponge Company are totally pure, 100% natural and biodegradable, packed with minerals and antioxidants.
Free from chemicals, additives, colouring or irritating agents, these Konjacs do look lovely naturally, no added help needed.
Hard but light at the first look and touch, they swell and become fluffy and silky soft only when wet. Never ever use it dry! See our "How to use" tab for more information and for care instructions.
Available now in several versions, from the pure White we have here to the dark Bamboo Charcoal and all the red/pink/green French clays in-between, only ingredients beneficiary to the user are added to the Konjacs, to treat some specific skin concern.
Want to start a collection already? I know I do... Have a look here for all the available versions to choose from.
Handmade in South Korea
Size: approximately 8cm when wet, smaller when dry
100% Pure Konjac root, a naturally moisture rich and alkaline plant fibre + Water + French Green Clay
Vegan, Gluten free.
It's Spa Day everyday with the Konjacs! Let's enjoy it fully. Please find below the tips, uses and care instructions:
USE your Konjac
Perfect for daily use, morning and/or night.
1. First, always, wet the sponge completely. It will swell and become tender and soft as we like it.
2. Squeeze out excess water if you don't want it to be dropping everywhere (never ever twist the sponge, you'll break it prematurely)
3. Use then on the face in circular motions, always from bottom to top (It's better for gravity and blood flow).
Insist gently on the parts of your face that need that extra care.
4. Rinse your sponge carefully, then squeeze (noooo twisting! just squeezing) between your hands to allow for the water to get out.
5. Between uses, allow it to dry. Place in a cool and well-ventilated area, on a heated towel rail (my favourite), or even in the fridge to keep it cool. It will shrink when dry which is totally normal. Always rehydrate before using again.
Use dry: Never. Ever.
Wring your sponge: it may damage the delicate fibres.
Leave in a pool of water or your shower: bacteria may develop.
- To use with or without a cleanser. Your skin will be cleaned from any water-based product just by the gentle massage.
Should you decide to add a cleanser, it will enhance its effect, making the product work harder and go further (to take into consideration when choosing your product).
- It is gentle enough to be used on the whole face, even the delicate eye area, cleaning and activating blood flow. Just be supra gentle when using the sponge on this area.
- Choose the water temperature depending on what you want to achieve:
* Warm or lukewarm : it will provide an immediate relaxing feeling, as well as open up your pores (more or less depending on the temperature), allowing for a deeper action of the products you use during or afterwards.
Word to the wise: be very careful with hot water, test it before putting it on your skin.
* Cold : it will immediately refresh and cool your skin, activate the blood flow and tighten your pores. Perfect in the morning for a dynamic wake-up call. No sleep? no problem, won't be visible after this.
- Just after using the Konjac, leave your skin rinsed and wet, and immediately follow with your favourite serum or oil on wet skin to lock hydration in. With the activated blood flow, it will enhance the serum or oil benefits.
CARE of your lovely Konjac
Your Konjac Sponge is a 100% natural vegetable product and should last 2 to 3 months at least.
In order for your Konjac to last, taking care of it through the below steps will help its longevity.
Once a week, soak the Konjac in very hot water for a few minutes (don't pour the water on top of the Konjac), then, as usual, squeeze a little and let dry before use.
You have to replace your Konjac once it starts to break down or look tired.
You can compost it or use it safely in the garden to hold moisture for your plants. It will look good!
Never leave a child unattended with the sponge.