Konjac Angel Cloth
The Konjac Sponge Company's Konjac sponges, when wet, will so gently
exfoliate and enliven your skin,
activate blood flow and cell renewal,
deeply cleanse (even blackheads)
refine the pores, on your face and body,
while leaving your skin rejuvenated and balanced thanks to the pH neutral quality of the Konjac root.
It can even help relieve some skin concerns and allergies.
Here the innovative Angel Cloth, made from the original Konjac root, is the secret ally of Korean women. It has garnered awards and accolades since its launch.
Softer than flannel or muslin to clean your face or rinse off make-up or face mask, you use it exactly the same way.
But this cleaning cloth will leave your skin silky soft, radiant, exfoliated but not damaged, no tightness, no dry patches, fully prepared for the treatments you want to apply afterwards.
Shaped like an angel when sold, in its dry form, you will, as with all Konjac sponges, have to hydrate it, and it will then unfold and become soft and pliant, almost wafer thin, ready to be used hot or cold.
Made from an ancient root, Amorphphallus Konjac, known and used for 1 500 years in Asia, in food-grade quality to which volcanic water is added, the Konjacs from the Konjac Sponge Company are totally pure, 100% natural and biodegradable, packed with minerals and antioxidants.
Free from chemicals, additives, colouring or irritating agents, these Konjacs do look lovely naturally, no added help needed.
Hard but light at the first look and touch, they swell and become silky soft only when wet. Never ever use it dry! See our "How to use" tab for more information and for care instructions.
Available now in several versions, from the pure White we have here to the dark Bamboo Charcoal and all the red/pink/green French clays in-between, only ingredients beneficiary to the user are added to the Konjacs, to treat some specific skin concern.
Want to start a collection already? I know I do... Have a look here for all the available versions to choose from.
Handmade in South Korea
Size: approximately 14cm by 14cm when wet, smaller and a bit twisted when dry
100% Pure Konjac root, a naturally moisture rich and alkaline plant fibre + filtered Water
Vegan, Gluten free.
It's Spa Day everyday with the Konjacs, cloth or sponges! Let's enjoy them fully. Please find below the tips, uses and care instructions:
USE your Konjac cloth
Perfect for daily use, morning and/or night.
1. First, always, wet the cloth completely. It will unfold and flattened and become tender and soft as we like it.
2. Squeeze out excess water between your flattened hands if you don't want it to be dropping everywhere (never ever twist the cloth, you'll break it prematurely)
3. Use then on the face in circular motions, always from bottom to top (It's better for gravity and blood flow).
Insist gently on the parts of your face that need that extra care.
4. Rinse your cloth carefully, then squeeze (noooo twisting! just squeezing) again between your hands to allow for the water to get out.
5. Between uses, allow it to dry. Place in a cool and well-ventilated area, on a heated towel rail (my favourite), or even in the fridge to keep it cool. It will shrink and twist when dry which is totally normal. Always rehydrate before using again.
Use dry: Never. Ever.
Wring your cloth: it may damage the delicate fibres.
Leave in a pool of water or your shower: bacteria may develop.
- To use with or without a cleanser. Your skin will be cleaned from any water-based product just by the gentle massage.
Should you decide to add a cleanser, it will enhance its effect, making the product work harder and go further (to take into consideration when choosing your product).
- It is gentle enough to be used on the whole face, even the delicate eye area, cleaning and activating blood flow. Just be supra gentle when using the cloth on this area.
- Choose the water temperature depending on what you want to achieve:
* Warm or lukewarm : it will provide an immediate relaxing feeling, as well as open up your pores (more or less depending on the temperature), allowing for a deeper action of the products you use during or afterwards.
Word to the wise: be very careful with hot water, test it before putting it on your skin.
* Cold : it will immediately refresh and cool your skin, activate the blood flow and tighten your pores. Perfect in the morning for a dynamic wake-up call. No sleep? no problem, won't be visible after this.
- Just after using the Konjac, leave your skin rinsed and wet, and immediately follow with your favourite serum or oil on wet skin to lock hydration in. With the activated blood flow, it will enhance the serum or oil benefits.
CARE of your lovely Konjac
Your Konjac Cloth is a 100% natural vegetable product and should last 2 to 3 months at least.
In order for your Konjac to last, taking care of it through the below steps will help its longevity.
Once a week, soak the Konjac in very hot water for a few minutes (don't pour the water on top of the Konjac), then, as usual, squeeze a little between your hands and let dry before use.
You have to replace your Konjac once it starts to break down or look tired.
You can compost it or use it safely in the garden to hold moisture for your plants. It will look good!
Never leave a child unattended with the cloth.