Konjac Tattoo Sponge
The Konjac Sponge Company's Konjac sponges, when wet, will so gently
activate blood flow and cell renewal,
refine the pores, on your face and body,
revitalize your skin,
while leaving it rejuvenated and balanced thanks to the pH neutral quality of the Konjac root.
It can even help relieve some skin concerns and allergies.
You'll find here the Original Tattoo version, specially shaped for tattoo after care, large enough to facilitate hold and application on area of any size, large or small thanks to its "tip", and without a cord to avoid accidental contact when using.
It is perfect to clean dirt, blood and plasma gently, without the need for additional cleanser (to avoid unnecessary irritation)
Free from chemicals, additives, colouring or irritating agents, the Tattoo sponge will sooth the skin and help reduce large scabs from forming thanks to its gentle and moisturising structure as well as its balanced pH.
So simple to use and very hygienic, have a look at our "How To Use" tab to see the proper care for your Tattoo and your Tattoo sponge.
Softer (when wet) than traditional sea sponges, the Konjacs (to make it short) were first developed for the delicate baby skin, that's how silky soft and safe they are!
Made from an ancient root, Amorphphallus Konjac, known and used for 1 500 years in Asia, in food-grade quality to which volcanic water is added, the Konjacs from the Konjac Sponge Company are totally pure, 100% natural and biodegradable, packed with minerals and antioxidants.
Hard but light at the first look and touch, they swell and become silky soft only when wet. Never ever use it dry! See our "How to use" tab for more information and for care instructions.
Handmade in South Korea
Size: pear shaped approximately 6x10cm dry, larger when wet
100% Pure Konjac root, a naturally moisture rich and alkaline plant fibre + filtered Water
Vegan, Gluten free.
Please find below the tips, uses and care instructions:
USE your Konjac
During the first couple of days of healing (prior to any scabbing or peeling) :
Use the sponge once or twice a day. This will keep your skin clean, and moisturised, as the sponge will not over strip the skin of its natural oils, unlike most other products.
Afterwards, once the new layers of skin appear, the sponge will help cleanse and condition the new delicate and sensitive skin without the need for any cleanser, which could irritate or dry out the sensitive skin.
1. First, always, wet the sponge completely. It will swell and become tender and soft as we like it.
2. Squeeze out excess water if you don't want it to be dropping everywhere (never ever twist the sponge, you'll break it prematurely)
3. Use then on the area in circular motions.
4. Rinse your sponge carefully, then squeeze (noooo twisting! just squeezing) between your hands to allow for the water to get out.
5. Between uses, allow it to dry. Place in a cool and well-ventilated area, on a heated towel rail (my favourite), or even in the fridge to keep it cool. It will shrink when dry which is totally normal. Always rehydrate before using again.
Use dry: Never. Ever.
Wring your sponge: it may damage the delicate fibres.
Leave in a pool of water or your shower: bacteria may develop.
- For Tatto after-care, better to use without a cleanser. Your skin will be cleaned from any water-based product just by the gentle massage.
Should you decide to add a cleanser, it will enhance its effect, making the product work harder and go further (to take into consideration when choosing your product).
- It is gentle enough to be used on the whole face and body.
- Choose the water temperature depending on what you want to achieve:
* Warm or lukewarm : it will provide an immediate relaxing feeling, as well as open up your pores (more or less depending on the temperature), allowing for a deeper action of the products you use during or afterwards, if any.
Word to the wise: be very careful with hot water, test it before putting it on your skin.
* Cold : it will immediately refresh and cool your skin, activate the blood flow and tighten your pores.
CARE of your lovely Konjac
To sterilize it easily between use, put it in boiling water for two minutes, then use as usual (careful, rinse it with lukewarm or cold water first) or allow to dry.
You have to replace your Konjac once it starts to break down or look tired.
You can compost it or use it safely in the garden to hold moisture for your plants. It will look good!
Never leave a child or pet unattended with the sponge.